Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Girls Trip

Yes I will be turning 30 in a few months
No I am not excited about it!
But it gave me and a few friends from high school a perfect excuse to treat ourselves to a weekend trip. We went to Newport Beach and it was a BLAST. To be honest I didn't think I would have that much fun, you know a lot has changed since high school. Boy was I wrong...... it was just as if the years hadn't gone by (besides the fact that none of us could sleep in anymore). We may have acted a little immature at times but that is why Jules was there. She kept us from too much embarrassment. We didn't have to venture far from where we were staying, there was good food, shopping, fun and the beach all nearby, in fact we only used 11$ of gas in our sweet mini van. Stories are best told with pictures so here are just a few so that I can remember this trip when I am 80! (yes it was that fun)





Day 1- really just a night
We flew
We ate
We rented a mini van
We stayed up til 2am
 Julie would not let me take pictures of her, so I made it a point this trip to catch her when she wasn't lookin!

Day 2- we were all hoping to sleep in, but nope didn't happen, we were all up by about 6:30
We ran
We walked
We ate
We had pedicures
We shopped- and man did we shop!
and then we stayed up past 2 again gabbing and laughing

 YES it's 7 am, don't they looked thrilled, and I am already taking pics!


 I had to include this picture as it demonstrated how we walked to breakfast every morning, While we were all walking on the sidewalk, like we should have been Julie had to walk in the middle of the road. Rebel!

Pedicures with the Asians. My polish is still looking great 2 weeks later, too bad I have been in boots as it just isn't quite warm enough for sandals





 THE MINI VAN- we had assigned seats, Julie- Driver, Tara- navigator, Sheena and Melissa- bucket seats due to the length of their legs, Britni, Ashley and Michelle- the back bench also due to the length of our legs



 Group pic- on a timer, yes it took about 5 tries.

 It as way past our bedtime.................................................

 AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! CREEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually it's just Ash.


Day 3-
We all still woke up by 7am
We ran
We walked
We ate
We biked- at the beach
We ate a Ruby's on the Pier
We went to the beach and watched the sunset, it was a little chilly but beautiful, I think we snapped over a 100 pics!
and then we stayed up again, not quite as late as we were all exhausted us old ladies just can't take the lack of sleep anymore


Yes I pedaled and took picture and didn't crash!

 Sweet Ride
 What would any outing be without a break dance from Melissa, on the middle of the boardwalk no less

 That's where we ate on the pier. Ruby's .........YuM!
 Julie working it on the beach.

 Don't fall
 Titanic re-enactment, pretty sure we got some funny looks for this one
 It was WINDY!
 I am pretty sure this pic captures the Halo's me and Tara have ;)


 Julie working the beach, again!




 #beachprints



Day 4-
We ate
We packed
We talked
We traveled
We got home


 I always wanted a welcoming committee when I came down the escalator, leave it to Julie's family to pull it off, so cute, I almost cried.



Memories were definitely made, Thanks for a much needed Vacation. Love you all!


Friends Forever...............................................NO BATTLE

No comments:

Post a Comment