Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I am writing this post on the last day of 2014. Looking back on this year so much has happened or didn't happen (like winning the lottery- however I guess you would actually have to buy a lotto ticket). We have been blessed with another sweet child, who although is the cause of me dozing off as I write this is a beautiful little girl that we are so lucky to have. Foster is pretty cute too but does try my patience- so that will be my new goal for 2015- PATIENCE. I will continue to try to read a book a month too (since I totally read 12 more books this year than I did last year). We had a great holiday season and are so blessed to have such wonderful family to share it with. We were spoiled as usual and so were our kids. I finally upgraded my phone from the cracked Iphone 4 I had been using for lets just say too long. Brennen went on a pheasant hunting trip for 4 days in Montana (yes he left me ten days after Collins was born for 4 days) and he also got a new watch and shoes. Foster wasn't so sure what to think of Christmas. Didn't really get the whole concept, which is nice as parents. He knew who Santa was, but didn't really get that he would bring him presents. He knows he says HO HO HO and his name is Santa and that was about it. We happened upon the Grinch- not the cartoon but the one with Jim Carrey one night while I was feeding the baby and to my surprise Foster loved it. He kept asking to watch it, until he discovered home alone. He loved that one too and kept asking to watch it. Weird, I guess he is just growing up. He has a fisher price nativity that his Grandma gave him that he has loved to play with and a mickey mouse that sings and dances to deck the halls. At the end of the song it Mickey says Oh Gosh, and don't worry that my son didn't pick up on any of the words of the song but by golley he says "Oh Gosh" right along with Mickey.  While I am not proud to admit that he has watched a little too much TV this last month as we have tried to adjust to the new baby it has been fun to watch him interact with it. Those Disney shows ask all sorts of questions and he answers and is learning a few things from them. But that will be another goal for 2015, less screen time. (Pray for me!) Collins has had a tough couple of weeks, she is extremely gassy and has a little bit of an acid reflux problem. It is extremely painful for her to burp or fart, and until she gets it out she is not a happy camper. Plus the poor girl has caught a cold and she can't poop. Lets just say if she is awake she is not real thrilled with the way she feels and she is not afraid to show it. We are trying to figure it out, we have tried gas drops, bottles, baths, I eliminated chocolate and dairy from my diet and even had to resort to a suppository.  She is definitely causing me some stress, but I wouldn't have it any other way, so privileged to be a mother. I only have a few days left to figure her out before I go back to work and Grandma's get to watch her (again.... pray for me). She seemed to have everything check out at her 2 week appt so that is good, just need to get rid of this cold so she can breathe and cough a little less. She was back up in her weight- had grown 2 in (which I think was a little off) and her head was a little bigger too. Our kids have some seriously big brains.

                                         

A few pics to follow of the last couple weeks.








Missed a pic of Hazel due to her being right after my screaming child.

 He was loved opening his presents, and didn't love to give them to others, had a breakdown when I asked him to give Tucker, Presley, and Hazel there presents, just kept saying mine. He did not get it, so we will work on that for next year. He got a new hoop for his room, and tramp (which he will not be able to use until the snow melts) and a few other little things.

  Tried to get a pic of the kids in there Christmas Jammies from Jingles our family elf. Just look at Collins face, that is about how good she feels, and most the time her forehead is scrunched even more.




It was awesome to get some snow, finally. We were able to spend a little time out there at Grandpa's. He even joined in on the snowman building fun.



 Christmas was wonderful, but oh so exhausting, trying to get from place to place.


We are lucky enough to have a Dad/Grandpa who is always thinking of us, he bought a cabin up Logan canyon and we have been lucky enough to spend some time up there.







Aunt Jill is here visiting and we are so glad. She never should have offered to give Foster a ride around the kitchen as you can tell be his face he was pretty stoked and didn't want to get off.
                                              


This girl loves to have her hands on her face or right near it. She will suck on them if they aren't covered up so I am pretty sure that is what she was doing in the womb.
                                     

Well Peace out 2014,  hello 2015. Hope to have lots of fabulous stuff to blog and journal about this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment